[BioC] Multiple colours in GenomeGraphs?

James Bullard bullard at berkeley.edu
Thu May 22 19:22:48 CEST 2008

Hi Mark,

Colors are handled somewhat differently at this point depending on
what class you are in (i.e. BaseTrack, GenericArray).

dp1 = DisplayPars(color = c(rep("blue", 1), rep("red", 1)))
dp2 = DisplayPars(color = c(rep("blue", 500), rep("red", 500)))

gdPlot(new("BaseTrack", base = rpois(1000, 1), value =
exp(rnorm(1000)), dp = dp1))
gdPlot(new("BaseTrack", base = rpois(1000, 1), value =
exp(rnorm(1000)), dp = dp2))

For the generic array:

gdPlot(new("GenericArray", probeStart = rpois(1000, 1), intensity =
matrix(exp(rnorm(2000)), ncol = 2), dp = dp1))

Note: here are coloring is based on which column it is. So if I use my
dp2 in this case I don't really get anything sensible. In this case
colors pertain to columns and not individual points. Please let me
know what class your using and I can probably add the capability to do
what you want. Features like this we definitely want to support, we
just haven't got around to ironing them out.

thanks, jim