[BioC] Help using ENSMUSG ids in GOstats

John Reid j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Sat May 10 11:18:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have some sets of genes I wish to test for enrichment against a
background set of genes. These genes are identified by Ensembl
identifiers. I have found it quite straightforward to use the topGO
package to do this.

I would also like to use the GOstats package and test for enrichment
against KEGG pathways. It looks as if I need to create an annotation
package to do this. Is this straightforward? I didn't find out how to do
it from the documentation. My guess is that someone has been in this
situation before. I should say the genes come from a computational
analysis and not from a microarray.

Any help appreciated,
John.