[BioC] row clustering in heatmap.2

Mark Cowley m.cowley0 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 10:11:52 CEST 2008

Hi Alice,
 From the help page (?heatmap.2):
    Rowv: determines if and how the _row_ dendrogram should be
          reordered.  By default, it is TRUE, which implies dendrogram
          is computed and reordered based on row means. If NULL or
          FALSE, then no dendrogram is computed and reordering is done.
          If a 'dendrogram', then it is used "as-is", ie without any
          reordering. If a vector of integers, then dendrogram is
          computed and reordered based on the order of the vector.

1) reorder the rows before you put it into the heatmap.2
	see ?order
2) turn row-reordering off in the heatmap by using heatmap.2 with
Rowv=FALSE, Colv=TRUE, dendrogram="column" if you want the columns
reordered, or
Rowv=FALSE, Colv=FALSE, dendrogram="none" for neither row or column
dendrograms

cheers,

mark