[BioC] makePDpackage affy drosophila tiling 1 array

Sun Jun 15 16:12:27 CEST 2008

Hi Dr. Straub,

On Jun 14, 2008, at 7:31 AM, Tobias Straub wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> i tried to create a PD design for the affy drosphila tiling 1 array
> but failed due to memory allocation errors (running dual quad mac
> pro with 18 GB RAM.. wondering).
>
> Anyone in here managed to create this package and willing to
> contribute?

I've previously been able to make PD designs for both the v1 MF and
the MR chips. I'm not sure what the secret sauce was, but I built them
on our "big iron" servers (64gb ram :-) .. I'd be surprised if the
18gb ram you have wouldn't be sufficient, though.

I'm not sure what's going south with your build, but in the meantime
you can find the ones that I've built here:

http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos/files/bioconductor/

They've been built on a 64-bit linux machine. I'm not sure if that's
going to affect you or not.

HTH,
-steve