[BioC] Affymetrics and Nimblegen Comparison

Tobias Straub tstraub at med.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Jun 11 16:16:14 CEST 2008

Hi Nicole,

in case you intend to do ChIP-chip you might find some anwers in here
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18258921

my personal point of view:
the array tech of nimblegen can be considered superior. i also prefer
two-color arrays (nimblegen) as the analysis is more straight forward.
apart from reading the raw data files you don't need specific
bioconductor packages as the analysis (normalization, significance
testing, enrichment localization) can be done with rather (simple)
general routines (imho).

i would go for nimblegen. but i agree with the authors in the
abovementioned publication: it is rather NOT the array technology
which is the most crucial factor in ChIP-chip but e.g. antibody,
organism, cell type.. etc etc.

best regards
Tobias