[BioC] Limma: merging two scans of two-color arrays and spot weights

Serge Eifes serge.eifes at lbmcc.lu
Thu Feb 28 13:08:45 CET 2008

Dear all,

We have performed two-color microarray experiments which were scanned at two
different intensities (at low and high intensities). Now we want to merge
the resulting files using the mergeScansRG function from the limma library.
After the merging the weights component is not defined anymore in the
resulting RGList object. As we intend to use spot weights for fitting a
linear model what might be a possibility to assess those weights (after
merging the two scans) from the initial weights?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Serge

Serge Eifes
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire du Cancer (LBMCC)