[BioC] cellHTS2: help with ConfFile (convertWellCoordinates) function

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Feb 27 23:57:46 CET 2008

Dear Dara,

thank you for sending the offending data files and the script you used.
The solution is very simple: your file "Screenlog.txt" was empty (i.e.
it only contained the header and no data rows), and the 'configure'
function stumbled over that.

A work-around for you is to simply omit the 'logFile' argument from your
call to 'configure' (as it is empty anyway). When starting R in the
directory where the files are, the following lines worked for me:

library("cellHTS2")
x = readPlateList ('Platelist.txt', name='testcellHTSfiles')
x = configure(x, descripFile='Description.txt',
        confFile='plateConf.txt')

Also, we will fix the package so that it deals more gracefully with this
'trivial' special case of zero-row Screenlog files.

Btw, in the code you had sent me, you had used
dataPath=system.file(experimentName, package='cellHTS2'). You've
probably seen this idiom in the vignette, where we use it to say where
the "KcViab" example data are. While it is not wrong, it is unusual (and
perhaps unnecessary) to copy your own, actual data into the directory
where the R package is installed. Just put the data somewhere that makes
sense to you, and set 'dataPath' to that path.

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.7.0 Under development (unstable) (2008-02-27 r44632)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

locale:
LC_CTYPE=it_IT.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=it_IT.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=it_IT.UTF-8;LC_MONETARY=it_IT.UTF-8;LC_MESSAGES=it_IT.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=it_IT.UTF-8;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=it_IT.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:
  [1] splines   grid      tools     stats     graphics  grDevices utils
  [8] datasets  methods   base

other attached packages:
  [1] cellHTS2_2.3.19      vsn_3.4.8            limma_2.13.4
  [4] affy_1.17.5          preprocessCore_1.1.5 affyio_1.7.13
  [7] splots_1.5.1         genefilter_1.17.11   survival_2.34
[10] prada_1.15.0         rrcov_0.4-05         robustbase_0.2-8
[13] RColorBrewer_1.0-2   Biobase_1.17.14      fortunes_1.3-4

[1] annotate_1.17.11     AnnotationDbi_1.1.22 DBI_0.2-4
[4] geneplotter_1.17.7   KernSmooth_2.22-22   lattice_0.17-6
[7] MASS_7.2-41          RSQLite_0.6-7        stats4_2.7.0

Best wishes
  Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber  EBI/EMBL  Cambridge UK  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber

Wolfgang Huber scripsit: