[BioC] Background analysis on

james perkins jperkins at biochem.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Feb 26 13:26:41 CET 2008

Dear All,

I'm comparing 2 different, but similar tissue types (2 different parts
of the nervous system), to work out the difference in expression between
the two.

My question is this, when performing background adjustment and
normalisation, should I split the tissue types and work on each one
seperately, or should I normalise for all against all? The tissue type
are quite similar and an MAplot / pairs plot of all the expression
values at probe level (before any analysis) shows fairly similar
distributions of intensities between the different tissues.

Many thanks,

Jim