[BioC] affy-chp file format

Thu Feb 21 06:33:49 CET 2008

On Feb 20, 2008, at 1:15 PM, Bernd Jagla wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I would like to write out data in the Affy CHP file format. Which
> function
> within Bioconductor/R that could do this, or do you have any other
> suggestion on how to generate such files?

There are - to my knowledge - no tools in R/BioC for this. The
natural place for such a function would be affxparser, but we have
not yet done anything with CHP files. One of the reasons being that I
have not heard any use cases for this (until now). And your use case
is rather special - if I understand it correctly you want to produce
fake CHP files to generate test data for a separate application
(which I guess have nothing to do with R/BioC).

The relevant thing to do would be to dig into Affymetrix file parsing
SDK. Good luck, when I last looked, it seemed as if CHP files were a
bit of a mess.

Kasper