[BioC] Re : Cox Model

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Thu Feb 14 04:46:19 CET 2008

Eleni,

Note that some of the genes that declared as significant in a univariate
analysis could be highly correlated. Thus, some of the selected genes
would not be informative in building the multivariate model.

You might want to consider reducing the dimensionality by first grouping
the genes into clusters with similar patterns. There are many techniques
but the one I can recall now is one of the earliest called gene shaving.

Or you can pre-select some genes based on variability measures etc.

Regards, Adai