[BioC] set.seed() in gcrma

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 13 18:03:18 CET 2008

Hi,

I think you have spotted something very important, and I agree that
the random seed should be reset by any function that set it in order
to get reproducible samples.  We've been working with a port/wrapper
for gcrma() but this never struck us - thanks for bringing it up.

FYI, I've just sent a question to R-devel, as it is more appropriate
there, on how to best push the random generator back to the state it
was before calling set.seed().

Best,

Henrik