[BioC] Help with Affy TilingArray makePDpackage

Owen Thomas owen.thomas at inbox.com
Wed Feb 6 04:32:24 CET 2008

I downloaded the affyio 1.7.10 source and installed, but I still have
exactly the same error, which occurs in the ReadBPMAPFileIntoRList c
function:

bpmap <- .Call ("ReadBPMAPFileIntoRList", "Sc03b_MF_v04.bpmap")
Error: SET_VECTOR_ELT() can only be applied to a 'list', not a 'NULL'

It seems that the Mac OS X binary of affyio 1.7.1 is compiled against
a development version of R, would you recommend upgrading my version
of R?

Anyway, to confirm the installation my sessionInfo is

 > sessionInfo ()
R version 2.6.1 (2007-11-26)
powerpc-apple-darwin8.10.1

locale:

attached base packages:
[1] splines   tools     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets
[8] methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] makePlatformDesign_1.2.0 oligo_1.2.2              oligoClasses_1.0.3
[4] affxparser_1.10.2        AnnotationDbi_1.0.6
preprocessCore_1.0.0
[7] RSQLite_0.6-4            DBI_0.2-4                Biobase_1.16.2
[10] affyio_1.7.10

[1] rcompgen_0.1-17

Regards,

Owen.