[BioC] Help with Affy TilingArray makePDpackage

Owen Thomas owen.thomas at inbox.com
Wed Feb 6 03:11:13 CET 2008

Hi,

I am having trouble using the makePDpackage function, other people
have had the same problem:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2008-January/020922.html

I have found no solution though, if anyone could help me understand
what's going on I would greatly appreciate it.

The concise problem is:

makePDpackage ("Sc03b_MF_v04.bpmap", file1="Sc03b_MF_v04.cif",
manufacturer="affymetrix", type="tiling")
affymetrix tiling

The package will be called pd.sc03b.mf.v04

Error in makeBPMAPenv(designFile, file1, genomebuild = genomebuild) :
   SET_VECTOR_ELT() can only be applied to a 'list', not a 'NULL'

Thanks,

Owen.

Full R session:

R version 2.6.1 (2007-11-26)
Copyright (C) 2007 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

   Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

 > library (makePlatformDesign)

Welcome to Bioconductor

   Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
   'openVignette()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
   'citation("Biobase")' and for packages 'citation(pkgname)'.

This is the oligo package
 > makePDpackage ("Sc03b_MF_v04.bpmap", file1="Sc03b_MF_v04.cif",
manufacturer="affymetrix", type="tiling")
affymetrix tiling
The package will be called pd.sc03b.mf.v04
Error in makeBPMAPenv(designFile, file1, genomebuild = genomebuild) :
   SET_VECTOR_ELT() can only be applied to a 'list', not a 'NULL'
 > traceback ()
3: .Call("ReadBPMAPFileIntoRList", bpmapFile, PACKAGE = "affyio")
2: makeBPMAPenv(designFile, file1, genomebuild = genomebuild)
1: makePDpackage("Sc03b_MF_v04.bpmap", file1 = "Sc03b_MF_v04.cif",
        manufacturer = "affymetrix", type = "tiling")