[BioC] rowQ error

Dennis.Burian at faa.gov Dennis.Burian at faa.gov
Fri Feb 1 14:50:39 CET 2008

Sorry, my intent was to return it to the list.

Needing devel explains why a cutoff of 0.5 only returned 674 probe sets
with nsFilter.  That had me scratching my head plenty but after the brain
fade with rowQ, I wasn't going to ask any questions until I was more sure
of my footing with the genefilter package.

Dennis Burian, Ph.D.
Functional Genomics Group
Civil Aerospace Medical Institute, AAM-610
6500 S. MacArthur Blvd.
Oklahoma City OK  73169
405-954-6087
dennis.burian at faa.gov

             Robert Gentleman
             <rgentlem at fhcrc.o
             rg>                                                        To
                                       Dennis M Burian/AMC/FAA at FAA
             01/31/2008 05:23                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [BioC] rowQ error

Yes, then the right thing is to try out nsFilter, and if it works (or
doesn't), if you could return the thread to the mailing list, then all
will see its successful conclusion, (oh and you need to use the devel
version as nsFilter is broken in release).

  otherwise something like

   lowQ = rowQ(myexprset, floor(0.25*numberofsamples))
   upQ = rowQ(myexprset, ceiling(0.75*numberofsamples))
   iqr = upQ-lowQ
   good = iqr > median(iqr)
   newEset = myexprset[good,]

  thanks