[BioC] Problem with GOPkgBuilder from AnnBuilder when trying to create an updated GO data package

mcarlson at fhcrc.org mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Thu Sep 27 02:44:38 CEST 2007

Quoting Stefan Goetz <goetz_stefan at gmx.de>:

> Well, I'm new to BioConductor and R and maybe missing some details but:
> >GO()
> returns:
> Quality control information for  GO
> Date built: Created: Tue Sep  5 18:55:54 2006
> etc.
>
> and
> ?GO return:
>
> GO(GO): Bioconductor annotation data package:
> The annotation package was built using a downloadable R package -
> AnnBuilder (download and build your own) etc...
>
> So my question still is how to use GOPkgBuilder from AnnBuilder when
> trying to create an updated GO data package
> (the one by default on the BioConductor site is from: Tue Sep  5
> 18:55:54 2006 and the Gene Ontology is evolving fast)
> Any ideas/help somebody?
> Many thanks,
> Stefan
>
> PD.: AnnBuilder is from Bioconductor, you are from CRAN? Is there
> something on CRAN for GO I missed and if so how is this package called?
> Thanks!)

It really sounds like maybe you should download the very latest version of the
GO package from our development repository which was made only weeks ago.  We
acknowledge that GO is a fast moving target and that is why we build entirely
new versions of GO every 6 months.  The very latest version can always be found
right here:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.1/data/annotation/

I hope this helps,

    Marc