[BioC] pmindex in oligo package

Gayla Olbricht ghobbs at stat.purdue.edu
Fri Nov 16 03:36:11 CET 2007

Hi Benilton,

Thanks for the advice.

So, when I ran the first thing you suggested, I got the following error:

> xy.coord <- getPD(data_bpmap) [pmindex(data_bpmap), c("X", "Y")]
Error in getPD(data_bpmap)[pmindex(data_bpmap), c("X", "Y")] :
  object is not subsettable

But, was able to use your suggestion as a hint to get at the X,Y coordinates
for PM values by the following:
feature<-getPD(data_bpmap)
PMxcoord<-feature$X[pmindex(data_bpmap)]
PMycoord<-feature$Y[pmindex(data_bpmap)]

This seems to give me what I need.

I'm still not exactly sure how the pmindex is calculated, but maybe the x,y
coordinate information will be all I need.

I did try running the function i2xy and got the following:

> pmi <- pmindex(data_bpmap)
> xy.coord2 <- i2xy(pmi, data_bpmap)
Error: could not find function "i2xy"

The same thing happened when I tried "indices2xy" instead.

I would still be interested to know if the i2xy function can work, but I
guess I can do without it since I have the x,y information.

Thanks again for your quick response and help with this!
-Gayla