[BioC] goTools problem

Jorrit Boekel Jorrit.Boekel at ki.se
Thu Jan 11 11:20:15 CET 2007

Dear all,

I want to use goTools to show gene ontologies of my two-color array
data, which contains Rat Operon IDs (V3.0). My output is however the
following:

>ontoCompare(testid4, probeType="operon", plot=TRUE)
[1] "Starting ontoCompare..."
[1] 60160     2
[1] "Number of lists = 1"
Error in as.vector(x, mode) : invalid argument 'mode'

When I run the example operonlist included in the package through
ontoCompare it works fine, so I figure there is something wrong with my
list. It looks like this

$L1
 [1] "Rn30010572" "Rn30009669" "Rn30020616" "R001191_01"  etc...

When I substitute my rat data by one of the package's operon-IDs, it
again works. Is there maybe something wrong with my oligo notation?

Cheers,
jorrit