[BioC] Oneclass SAM analysis

Brooke-Powell, Elizabeth etbp2 at borcim.wustl.edu
Fri Jan 5 18:30:36 CET 2007

Actually I tested it. I had 12 slides worth of data, and tried to run SAM
and it choked, so I went and tried with only 3 slides which worked and
slowly increased the numbers of columns by one each time up to 12. Every
time I had an even number of slides it choked and every time I had an odd
number of columns; at least up to 11; it worked fine.

I have what is the latest version according to the SAM website, but it was a
curious problem and wondered if there was a mathematical/statistical reason
as to why even numbers of columns don't work. From experimental design
aspects it is better to have a balanced design with an even number of
hybridizations.

Liz