[BioC] AnnBuilder problem with custom List of genes

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Fri Aug 17 20:28:02 CEST 2007

claudio.is at libero.it wrote:
> this is the top of my input file
>
> "A25"   "AA415819"
> "A26"   "AA474746"
> "A27"   "AA473306"
> "A28"   "AA545607"
> "A29"   "AA413090"
> "A30"   "AA386616"
> "A31"   "AA437482"
> "A32"   "AA412921"
> "A33"   "AI508650"
> "A34"   "AA386794"
>
> is it correct?

Nope.  You don't want the quotes, and this file needs to be strictly tab
delimited (not spaces).  When I run your IDs as you have them listed
here, I reproduce your bug and get empty fields.  But when I clean them
up so that they match the reccomendations in the AnnBuilder vignette
(ie. just plain strings separated by tabs), then they work just fine.

You might also find the following helpful:
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/devel/vignette/AnnBuilder.pdf

Good luck with your project,

    Marc