[BioC] Illumina bead arrays

Johnstone, Alice Alice.Johnstone at esr.cri.nz
Wed Aug 15 00:59:36 CEST 2007

Just wondering, does your data file contain 8 rows of header space?  The
standard seems to be 7 with the AVG_ headers in row 8 (you can check by
opening in excel) so skip=7.
If you want to look at the bead level data you require the TIFF files
and the csv files.  This is not the standard format given as it requires
adjustments to the machine and hence has to be requested before the
chips are read. It may be that they have only given you summary data,
and hence why there are errors with trying to read at bead-level.
Im in the processes of annalysing my own Illumina data, (which I agree,
is difficult with not as much info out there yet) hope I can help!
Regards
Alice