[BioC] working with prada objects

Nolwenn nlemeur at fhcrc.org
Tue Apr 24 16:15:40 CEST 2007

Florencio Gonzalez <florencio.gblazquez at ...> writes:

> Thank you for the information. I'll give a try the new package. Just a
> question about drawGate.
> How can i get two or more populations from a file with the same drawgate
> command? I see an option when creating the gate for combine the gating with
> another but i get an error
>
> > pico <- read.fcs("0103")
> > pico.sub <- pico[, c(2,4,5)]
> > f1 <- drawGate(pico.sub)
> Select first variable for gating...FL2-H
> Select second variable for gating...FL3-H
> Type of gate? (P)olygon or (R)ectangular?p
> Draw gate (left click: set point, right click: end drawing).
> Determining events within gate...found 1987
> (R)edo this gating,  (C)ombine this gating with another one , (P)roceed or
> (F)inish? c
> Select first variable for gating...FL2-H
> Select second variable for gating...FL3-H
> Type of gate? (P)olygon or (R)ectangular?p
> Draw gate (left click: set point, right click: end drawing).
> Determining events within gate...Erro en validObject(.Object) : invalid
> class "gate" object: invalid object for slot "boundaries" in class "gate":
> got class "list", should be or extend class "matrix"

Hi Florencio,

Could you tell me the version of your prada package (sessionInfo)? Using prada
1.10.1, I tried with one of my file and I got the same error message when using
combine. However it seems to worked when I am using Proceed instead of Combine.
Have you tried?
Maybe you should directly contact Florian Hahne the author and maintainer of the
package.

Cheers,
Nolwenn