[BioC] vector allocation error

Francois Pepin fpepin at aei.ca
Fri Jun 23 20:00:16 CEST 2006

Hi Ulrich,

If you search in the mailing list archive
(http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor),
you'll see a fair number of posts about this problem.

You should look at the just.gcrma function instead. R tends to like
making unnecessary copies of large objects, so people have recoded those
functions (like gcrma) entirely in C which doesn't do that.

I don't know if it'll get you all the way to your 380 arrays. Some
people have suggest doing the normalization in different batches. As I
said the archives should tell you more about it.

Francois