[BioC] multtest error - class label problem

Katherine Pollard kpollard at wald.ucdavis.edu
Thu Jun 22 22:20:03 CEST 2006

Yuhong,

You can use multtest for 1 group data, with the boostrap null distribution
(MTP function), but not wiht the permutation nulldistribution. If your
sample size is small, however, the bootstrap null distribution will not
work. With n=3, it really does not make sense to do resampling based
multiple testing. That said, you might try MTP with

test="t.onesamp"
standarize=FALSE
robust=TRUE

This will do a 1 sample wilcoxon signed rank test more or less. You might
just use wilcox.test also, and forget the resampling.

Best,
Katie

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Yuhong Ning wrote:

> Thank you, Wolfgang.
>
> I did use limma to analyze the same data set days ago, and hoped to use
> "multtest" for a validation of my limma result. So I can't use
> "multtest" for one group data?
>
> Yuhong

>>> clabel<-c(0,0,0)