[BioC] limma: get all sig genes from multiple contrasts

Ivan Baxter ibaxter at purdue.edu
Fri Jun 9 08:35:25 CEST 2006

I realize this may be a silly question, but I have gone through all the
case studies in the limma users manual and I can't seem to find the
answer to this anywhere.   I have a 3x3 factorial experiment and I
followed the case studies to make my linear model and designate 13
contrasts of interest.  My question is: is there a simple way to get all
the genes that show significant differences in any one of my contrasts?
(for use in clustering, for ex.)
I manged to pull them out using:

results <- decideTests(fit2)
abres <- abs(results)
sig_gene <- abres[rowSums(abres) > 0,]

which then has to be linked up by

test <- match(rownames(sig_gene), geneNames(eset))
sigchange <-  eset[test]

This seems rather ungainly when compared to how elegantly all the other
functions in limma work. Is there a simpler way to do this?

ivan

--

Ivan Baxter
ibaxter at purdue.edu