[BioC] error message in gcrma

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Jun 5 20:05:14 CEST 2006

Mohammad Esad-Djou <shahrgol at web.de> writes:

> Thanks for your answer.
>

>> Are you able to connect to the Bioconductor website from a web
>> browser on this system?  Is there a web proxy that is preventing R
>> from accessing the internet?
>
> Unfortunately I have not Internet connection under Linux. I must
> install relevant libraries manual.  Do you have a solution under such
> situation?

Without a connection to the internet, biocLite will not be of use.

What you can do is to download the source packages that you want and
then transfer them to your Linux system.  You can install source
packages on Linux using:

R CMD INSTALL  somepkg_1.2.3.tar.gz

However, you will have to resolve package dependencies yourself.  This
is unfortunate and something I'm interested in improving with some
alternate dependency tracking tools.

+ seth