[BioC] RMA-bimodality:

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jun 5 18:57:36 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am surprised why anybody is surprised about the different number of
modes ("peaks"): the number of modes of a distribution is not conserved
under monotonous transformations (such as the background correction in
RMA), this simply follows from chain rule.

See below for a simple example with some "mock" microarray intensities z
and density of log-transformed values before and after a (primitive)
background background correction.

Cheers
 Wolfgang

set.seed(123)