[BioC] tiling/SNP microarrays

Jeffrey Blanchard blanchard at microbio.umass.edu
Sat Jul 15 04:10:29 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am looking for methods related to tiling arrays that have been
implemented in R/Bioconductor.     My use case is a bit different
from most tiling arrays and may be more related to SNP discovery.  We
are going to use an array design similar to Gresham et al. 2006.
Science and Cheng et al. 2005. Science in which the 25mer probes will
be offset five bases giving 5x genome coverage.    I have run across
the tilingarray package by Wolfgang Huber and Joern Toedling, but
before I dive in I wanted to know if anything else is in use or
development.

Thanks, Jeff

______________________________
Jeffrey L. Blanchard