[BioC] bioconductor install problem

Amy Mikhail a.mikhail at abdn.ac.uk
Thu Jul 13 20:49:43 CEST 2006

Hi Di Wu,

Right click on your R icon and go to the properties tab.  You should see
the file path written in the "target" box.  Add

 --internet2

to the end of the filepath (this goes after the quotation marks and don't
forget the 'space' before --internet2).

Cheers,
Amy

Dear list,

I have used bioconductor for several years. Recently, I moved to a new job
and wanted to install R and bioconductor in my new office pc. But I failed
to install bioconductor. R works well.

Could you help me out? Or give some suggestion?

I use Dell (normal) PC. Our institute uses Novell Network. I use IE and
Firefox both.

The following is what I got:

> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
Error in file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
        unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
unable to connect to 'www.bioconductor.org' on port 80.
> utils:::menuInstallPkgs()
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Error in open.connection(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
unable to connect to 'cran.r-project.org' on port 80.
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://cran.ms.unimelb.edu.au/bin/windows/contrib/2.3
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/2.3
Error in install.packages(NULL, .libPaths()[1], dependencies = TRUE, type =
type) :
        no packages were specified

It seems there is problem to access internet. But I know my internet wokrs
well, but it requires to log in each time when you open a new IE, not need
to log in for Firefox.

Thanks,
Yours Di Wu

Amy Mikhail