[BioC] Problem about Affy

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 25 16:41:44 CET 2005

Hi Jufen,

"Jufen Zhou" <jfzhou at ucdavis.edu> writes:
> On a Windows XP (SP2) machine, when I use the package Affy (R 2.0.1,
> bioconductor 1.5), the following error message appears:
>
>>library(affy)
>>AB<-ReadAffy("D:/newdata.CEL")
>>pmData<-pm(AB)
> Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of:
> Win32
> This will be fine for almost all users
> [1] "Attempting to download hgu133plus2cdf from
> http://www.bioconductor.org/data/cdfenvs/repos/"
> [1] "Download complete."
> [1] "Installing hgu133plus2cdf"
> Note: Running R version 2.0.1 and package hgu133plus2cdf was built for R
> version 2.0.0
>  , installing anyway.

This message is, I believe, separate from the error.  It is saying
that the data package hgu133plus2cdf was built with R 2.0.0.  It
_should_ work just fine with R 2.0.1.

> Error in library("hgu133plus2cdf", lib.loc
> = "C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw2001/library") :
>         There is no package called 'hgu133plus2cdf'
> In addition: Warning messages:
> 1: error -1 in extracting from zip file
> 2: Installation of package hgu133plus2cdf had non-zero exit status in:
> installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)

I suspect this is library path issue.  Can you look and see if the
hgu133plus2cdf package was installed to C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw2001/library
on your machine?  If you see a directory there called hgu133plus2cdf,
then it was installed.

If you don't see it, I wonder if you also have a R/rw2000/library
where it did get installed.

+ seth