[BioC] globaltest procedure

Goeman, J.J. (MSTAT) J.J.Goeman at lumc.nl
Mon Mar 14 12:06:11 CET 2005

Dear Jeff,

Sorry I'm so late in replying. I missed your mesage.

Suppose you have an exprSet called ES with phenoData variables "survival", indicating the survival time, "death" indicating whether the patient died (1) or was censored (0), plus maybe some extra phenoData variabeles "A", "B", "C". Your pathways are coded in a list called pathways. Then your input should be:

gt <- globaltest(ES, "survival", pathways, d = "death")

If you want to adjust the analysis for the covariates A, B, C, you say

gt <- globaltest(ES, survival ~ A + B + C, pathways, d = "death")

If you coded things differently, for example you have a variable "censored", which is 1 if the patient was censored, 0 if he or she died, you may use

gt <- globaltest(ES, survival ~ A + B + C, pathways, d = "censored", event = 0)

I hope this solves your problem.

Best,

Jelle