[BioC] AffyBatch: Replacing probe set IDs with Genebank

Aedin Aedin.Culhane at ucd.ie
Thu Mar 3 15:23:26 CET 2005

Hi Jeppe
To get from affyIDs' to genbank accession numbers:

If there is a metadata package for your Affymetrix chip (you can get the
metadata from the BioC website or using install.packages2())

Eg for package hgu133a
library(hgu133a)

Then use:

hgu133aGENENAME()
hgu133aACCNUM()

Alternatively use annaffy() which is an excellent package

library(annaffy)

Then use either:

aafGenBank(probesidlist, "hgu133a")
aafSymbol(probesidlist, "hgu133a")

If you've a custom chip, you may need to use AnnBuilder create the
metadata yourself.
Hope this helps
Aedin