[BioC] RNA degradation assay

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Wed Feb 16 17:04:23 CET 2005

Dear Claudio,

I think this was the original idea.  However, it turns out that even good
samples show a slope on this plot - possibly due to labeling efficiency? A
number of us have independently concluded that slopes within a study should
all be the same.  e.g. on mouse and arabidopsis arrays I have, so far,
always seen a slope.

At 09:29 AM 2/16/2005, you wrote:
>again about RNA digestion plot:
>I didn't understand the answer about it, maybe because i didn't understand
>the meaning of this plot.
>Can someone explain it to me?
>I thought that, as each line rappresents an experiment, and each "point"
>of the line rappresents the average of the corresponding
>probecell in each probeset of the array, I am expected to see horizotal
>line for good, non degradated, sample.
>thanks in advance
>Isella Claudio
>Navighi a 2 MEGA e i primi 3 mesi sono GRATIS.
>Bioconductor mailing list
>Bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch

Associate Professor
Bioinformatics Consulting Center