[BioC] Please help: AffylmGUI errors (more detail)

Aaron Hamilton hamilton28 at llnl.gov
Thu Feb 10 20:23:06 CET 2005

Hello, here are some more details on how I got the errors below:
I am running AffylmGUI with the latest version of R (2.0.1) on a Windows XP
machine. As far as I can tell I have all the packages and activeTcl
re-installed,
although perhaps something is missing?
I have .cel files for affymetrix data, just simple comparisons (a control vs. a
manipulated cell sample), which I load into AffylmGUI. The step where
I load the
raw data (select targets file) seems to work OK, and now do does the
RMA normalization step. I can
get the chart (normalized intensity box plot) of the normalized data
and it looks OK. But when I get to the 'Linear model: compute
contrasts' step and beyond, I get the error messages at the bottom.

Here is the transcript from the R window

>  library(affylmGUI)
Welcome to Bioconductor
          Vignettes contain introductory material.  To view,
          simply type: openVignette()
          For details on reading vignettes, see
          the openVignette help page.

ActiveTcl was found in the Windows Registry (for LOCAL_MACHINE), installed in
C:\Tcl
This directory will be added to the Tcl search path to enable affylmGUI
to find the Tktable and BWidget extensions.

To begin, type affylmGUI() or use the pull-down menu.

Searching for user-defined affylmGUI commands in
C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw2001/library/affylmGUI/etc ...
Background correcting
Normalizing
Calculating Expression
Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of: Win32
This will be fine for almost all users

[1] "Attempting to download hgu133a from
http://www.bioconductor.org/data/metaData/"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing hgu133a"
[1] "Installation complete"
[here I attempted to get the M-A plot anyway, and it was abnormal]

Errors from linear model/compute contrasts step

Error in inherits (x,"data.frame"):subscript out of bounds
Error in assign ("fit", fit, affylmGUIenvironment):Object "fit" not found

Error in get(x,envir,mode,inherits):variable "fit" was not found
(Then window to pick contrasts)
Error in NCOL(fit$coefficients):object "fit" not found
Error in min(contrastsFit$df):object "contrastsFit" not found
Error in try(expr,TRUE):Object"ebayesAvailable" not found