[BioC] Getting GO terms and other annotation for Golub data set

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 11:21:07 CET 2005

Hi

Thanks for all of the replies!

I am getting there slowly - please someone point to an obvious tutorial
if I have missed it!  I've read the annotate vignette...

I have the metaData package for hu6800, GO, and KEGG.  And I can do
stuff like this:

l <- get("X65663_at",env=hu6800GO)
names(l)
get("GO:0006325", env=GOTERM)

What I want to do is look at groups of genes that I have found and see
if they make sense.  By make sense, I mean "do they have similar or
related functions", "do they appear in the same pathway" etc etc.

So now I have the GO and KEGG metaData packages, and I know how to query
them at a very low level.  My next step will be to write some code to
take a group of affy identifiers, query these packages and see if they
all seem to hit the same KEGG pathway, or have GO terms in common.  Has
anyone done this before and put it in a nice package, or do I write it
from scratch?

Cheers
Mick