[BioC] Using perl in R

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 28 16:04:49 CEST 2005

> Dear Bioconductors,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows how to connect to perl from R for windows

What do you mean by "connect to perl"?  Are you referring
specifically to the RSPerl package of Omegahat?  If so,
contact the author of that package.

There are many ways to get software tools to interoperate, so
"connect to perl" can have various interpretations.  Installing
RSPerl requires some configuration arrangements that may not be
fully portable between windows and other OSs but I see on the RSPerl
download page that it is running under MacOSX and I have installed
it under RH9.  So there is at least some portability established.

If RSPerl is not relevant but you want to establish a pipeline
in which R receives some output from perl or vice versa, that can
be accomplished in a number of ways.  You'll have to provide
more details for specific guidance.