[BioC] bug in maNormMain ?

Tarca Adi Laurentiu ltarca at rsvs.ulaval.ca
Tue May 18 22:49:05 CEST 2004

Hi,
I have a batch of arrays loaded into a marrayRaw object called Apo. The
zipped .RData file containing the object is available at
http://www.gch.ulaval.ca/ltarca/shares/ApoRaw.zip

I am trying a composite normalization with:

library(marray)
sc2DA <- maNormMain(Apo, f.loc =
list(maNorm2D(),maNormLoess(x="maA",y="maM",z="maPrintTip")),
a.loc=maCompNormA())

I get the following error message
"Error in xy.coords(x, y) : x and y lengths differ"

However the same command works fine on the swirl data set
data(swirl)
sc2DA <- maNormMain(swirl, f.loc =
list(maNorm2D(),maNormLoess(x="maA",y="maM",z="maPrintTip")),
a.loc=maCompNormA())

I suspect the NAs in the object Apo but however maNormMain is expected to
take care of them, is that right?
(Package: marray, Version: 1.4.9, R 1.9.0)

thanks,
Laurentiu Tarca