[BioC] Drosophila GeneChip analysis

Paul Mack paulmack at arches.uga.edu
Fri May 14 16:20:29 CEST 2004

I am in the midst of analyzing Affymetrix Drosophila GeneChip data using
RMA such that separate regression lines are estimated for each gene. It was
recommended to me that I use a p-value of .0001 as a cutoff for the effect
estimates rather than try to apply Bonferroni or other multiple test
corrections. Lately, however, I have begun to wonder if others doing this
sort of analysis use similar cutoffs and, in general, what others think
about statistical stringency in this situation. Any help will be most
appreciated; I will summarize any replies that I get that are not sent
directly to the list. Thank you.

Paul Mack, Ph.D
Department of Genetics
University of Georgia