[BioC] How to load .gpr file into bioconductor?

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Sun Jan 11 15:39:17 MET 2004

Probably the easiest way is to use limma. There is a very detailed
manual that comes with this package that explains exactly what you need
to do. You can access the manual at the top of the html help page for
limma under 'overview' or some such thing (I am at home and don't have R
installed here).

I would also recommend using limma for your data analysis. The learning
curve might be a bit steep, but there are several examples in the manual
that you can use to help you figure out how to do things.

HTH,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623
>>> <lhmao at ntu.edu.tw> 01/11/04 6:02 AM >>>
Dear friends:
  Apologize for a novice asking a basic question. Could somebody please
tell me
how to load a .gpr or the GenePix result into Bioconductor? Or any place
having
documents about this answer? I noticed that there is a tutorial document
using
the demo example-swirl. How could I pack several microarray result files
into a
package like swirl, or could I load the raw .gpr directly into
bioconductor?
Thank you for your answer.
Sincerely,
                                           Erik