[BioC] Quality checks / flagging

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Thu Sep 18 12:51:20 MEST 2003

See function read.maimages() and the section QualityWeights in the limma
package. You can read in any weight functions or flags that you can
calculate from the GenePix files, i.e.,

   RG <- read.maimages(files,source="genepix",wtfun=myweightfun)

where myweightfun is any function which you have defined which takes
Genepix data from one array as a matrix or data.frame and computes from it
a column of flags or quality weights. These weights then become part of the
component

   RG$weights

Note that read.maimages() produces an RGList object which is essentially
equivalent to a marrayRaw object. You can transform it to an marrayRaw
object if you want.

Gordon