[BioC] Occasional seg faults in RMA

Matloob Qureshi mq2 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Oct 31 16:53:15 MET 2003

Hi Crispin,
I've had the occasional segmentation fault using the rma() function
too. Our rather simplistic solution was to switch to using espresso for the
time being. It does run significantly more slowly than rma but it works ok
for our purposes.

eset <- expresso(data, bgcorrect.method="rma",
normalize.method="constant", pmcorrect.method="pmonly",
summary.method="avgdiff")

Hope this is useful.

Matloob