[BioC] PROBLEMS WITH getBioC function

Stephen Moore Stephen.Moore at arragen.com
Fri Oct 24 15:37:08 MEST 2003

Dear List,

I have downloaded the latest version of R onto my machine.  I have followed the instructions on the Bioconductor web page about downloading the getBioC function and subsequently the packages that I require, however I have run into a problem and I was hoping that someone could shed some light on it.

When I opened R and typed:

source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")

I recieved the following error message:

Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
unable to resolve 'www.bioconductor.org'.

Does anyone know what is happening here and more importantly, how I can resolve the issue.  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to all

Steve.

Dr. Stephen Moore
Senior Scientist