[BioC] Cannot update from Repos

Arne.Muller at aventis.com Arne.Muller at aventis.com
Thu Oct 16 18:29:04 MEST 2003

Hi All,

I've just updated from R-1.7.1 to R-1.8.0 on my linux machine. I've
successfully updated all contributed R packages via update.packages(), but
the Bioconductor packages failed (see below). Any idea what's going wrong?
Are the repositories still down? Even with method="wget" is does not work.
I've to use a proxy with authentification, and I've setup a .wgetrc and a
.Rprofile, so that the download.file uses wget, and I don't have any problems
using wget from the commandline.

	kind regards,

	Arne

> update.packages2()
Note: argument `lib' is missing: using /tgx/soft/lib/R/library
Warning message:
cannot open: HTTP status was `407 Proxy Authorization Required'
Note: http://www.bioconductor.org/CRANrepository does not seem to have a
valid repository, skipping
Note: http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.2/package does not seem
Note: http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/devel/package does not seem to
Note: http://www.bioconductor.org/data/dataRepos does not seem to have a
valid repository, skipping
Warning message:
cannot open: HTTP status was `407 Proxy Authorization Required'
Note: http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/Courses does not seem to have a
valid repository, skipping
Error in update.packages2() : No repositories to search