[BioC] error when trying to load the affy library

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Oct 16 15:37:45 MEST 2003

You are using the release version of Bioconductor. You need to get the
devel version if you are going to be using R-1.8.0. Unfortunately, the
devel win32 affy package is not compatible with R-1.8.0, so it has to be
compiled from source. The source files fail build, so I cannot send you
an actual package, but I will send you a zipped affy folder that you can
stick into your ~/rw1080/library folder.

Run getBioC("affy","devel") to upgrade, and make sure that Biobase is
upgraded to 1.3.34 (the bindingIsLocked error comes from Biobase
1.3.22), then replace the affy folder with what I send you and you
should be good to go.

Good luck!

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> W.Kenworthy at murdoch.edu.au 10/16/03 06:51AM >>>
Hi, I just upgraded R to 1.8.0 and reloaded bioconductor and now get
the
following error when trying to load the affy library:

> library(affy)
Error in bindingIsLocked(m2, where) : not an environment
Error in bindingIsLocked(m2, where) : not an environment
Error in getClass(Class, where = topenv(parent.frame())) :
        "MIAME" is not a defined class
Error in library(affy) : .First.lib failed

Any ideas?

BillK