[BioC] Affy: Present calls in an eset

Arne.Muller at aventis.com Arne.Muller at aventis.com
Wed Oct 8 18:19:24 MEST 2003

That's great news, Rafael! Thanks!

The absent/present calls are already included in the TXT files from the Affy
software (based on MAS). I was wondering if it's possible to getse files into
the Bioconductor affy package. This's be some kind of high level analysis,
since the "summary" per gene (the intensity) is already calculated by the
Affymetrix software based on PM/MM.

As understand the Bioconductor affy package, the normalisation is done one
the probeset level (for each of the 40 oligos per gene), rather than the
gene's intensity (affy normalisation is done *before* the probesets are
summarised into genes). This is somehow different of what we (and others) do
- although I guess it's a good idea to perform normalisation at the "lowest"
end, ie he probesets. Is it possible to apply the "normalize.methods" to
background + pm corrected and summarised genes; i.e.

1. read probe level data
2. background corredtion
3. probe specific bg correction (e.g. substracting MM)
4. Summarizing the probe set values into one expression value
5. normalize summarized expression values

	kind regards,

	Arne