[BioC] Re: Better mailing list archives {was "Searching BioC .."}

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Oct 1 11:32:34 MEST 2003

    >> Is there a search facility for the past BioConductor mails similar to
    >> R's search engine (eg http://www.google.com/u/newcastlemaths) ?

    JeffG> Nope.

    JeffG> If someone wants to provide said capability, it would
    JeffG> be awfully nice of them :)

yes, in any case/

    JeffG> Until then we have the archive, but as you noted there is no search
    JeffG> capability built in.

As mailing list site manager, I have recently e-talked with
some mailman developers about other problems with the simple
pipermail archiving {which is builtin default for mailman lists}.

Some then mentioned the possibility of using MHonARC instead of
pipermail.  But first, we'll definitely have a (minor) upgrade
of mailman itself.  Then I might have a look into using
alternatives to pipermail.  If someone has experience or
valuable information here, I'd be glad.

Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><