[BioC] using marrayInput package with GenePix .gpr file - read.GenePix()

Lin, Michael W. Lin.WoonTzuMichael at mayo.edu
Sat Nov 8 00:00:55 MET 2003

Hi:

            We are learning to use the marray suites of packages for our spotted array data analysis. I have encountered problem that I can not resolve. I wonder if someone can help me identify what I am doing wrong here.

            In this case I am creating a marrayRaw object from a .gpr file that only contains one array. My code looks like the following:

            > library(marrayInput)

            > rawdata <- read.GenePix("test00.gpr")

            This created a marraRaw object "rawdata" for me, but when I go on to examine it, it appeared to have no data. The following information (in blue text) is given when I type "rawdata" at te command prompt:

> rawdata

Pre-normalization intensity data:        Object of class marrayRaw.

Number of arrays:       1 arrays.

A) Layout of spots on the array:

Array layout:    Object of class marrayLayout.

Total number of spots:

Dimensions of grid matrix:               rows by  cols

Dimensions of spot matrices:             rows by  cols

Currently working with a subset of  spots.

Control spots:

Notes on layout:

B) Samples hybridized to the array:

Object of class marrayInfo.

NULL data frame with 1 rows

Number of labels:  0

Dimensions of maInfo matrix:  0  rows by  0  columns

Notes:

C) Summary statistics for log-ratio distribution:

            Min. 1st Qu. Median Mean 3rd Qu. Max. NA's

test00.gpr -3.52   -0.24  -0.02 0.02    0.11 4.62   11

D) Notes on intensity data:

GenePix Data

Thanks for your help!