[BioC] get over it/WAKE uP and SMELL the COFFEE

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Thu Dec 18 16:49:28 MET 2003

One thing that makes me very cautious about over-interpreting tests,
however, is the following:

We have tried several options for normalizing arrays, and found that the
resulting expression values (for the methods we used) were correlated
98-99%.  But if we then test for differential expression, we find the
overlap in the list of "top genes" is only 50-60%.

--Naomi