[Bioc-sig-seq] Problem loading PICS in Windows

Muino, Jose jose.muino at wur.nl
Fri Jun 11 14:09:59 CEST 2010

Hi Raphael,

Indeed, the problem was that the GSL library was not installed on my computer.
I was following the instruction from your wiki, but it didn't work for me. When I install the Windows binary (32 bits), the files on the bin folder are:
gsl-histogram.exe
gsl-randist.exe
libgsl-0.dll
libgslcblas-0.dll

But there is no libgsl.dll file. And PICS gives an error since doesn't find this file.

But using http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gsl.htm, the files on the bin folder are:
gsl-histogram.exe
gsl-randist.exe
libgsl.dll
libgslcblas.dll

And then PICS seems to work without any problem.

Kind regards,
Jose

Dr. Jose M Muino
Plant Research International B.V.
Droevendaalsesteeg 1
P.O. Box 16, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Phone: +0317-481122.
E-mail: jose.muino at wur.nl
http://www.pri.wur.nl