[Bioc-sig-seq] Assessing Transcriptome Coverage

Abhishek Pratap abhishek.vit at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 10:20:22 CEST 2009

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply. Well basically we have downloaded the human
reference RNA set from NCBI and using the same to asses coverage. It
is a rough estimate to help our collaborators decide on hwo much
sequencing they need to do in order to reach required coverage for SNP
calling. So till now I have calculated coverage using the ELAND
alignment results. I am now looking for ways to plot it so that
biologists could interpret it easily.

So I have many hashes(perl), each having a "numerical" coverage data
obtained from Next generation sequencing data analysis. Now each
hash/list may have couple of hundred to thousands entry "contig_name
=> coverage".  What I want to do is to plot a histogram for each
hash/dataset.  "Coverage v/s Count of contigs with coverage > #N " ( N
has to be binned according to the data size).

Any pointers in this regard will help a lot.

Thanks,
-Abhi