[Bioc-devel] Devel build report errors

Martin Grigorov mgr|gorov @end|ng |rom @p@che@org
Mon Jul 8 13:37:23 CEST 2024

On Mon, Jul 8, 2024 at 11:21 AM Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov using apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Mon, 8 Jul 2024 at 11:14, Rodrigo Arcoverde Cerveira <
> rodrigo.arcoverdi using gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We are trying to implement a new tool in scifer package, and I have a few
>> questions about compatibility and build reports.
>>
>>   1.  I am getting the following error in build for Linux (openEuler
>> 22.03 LTS-SP1) / aarch64.
>>
>> ```
>>
>> error: dependency ‘sangerseqR’ is not available for package ‘scifer’
>>
>> ```
>>
>> However, when I check the devel build report for sangerseqR it seems to
>> be passing without errors and only its dependent packages are getting this
>> error.
>

> I will check what’s issue on openEuler!
> The installation of some packages timed out after the update of R to
> 4.4.1.
> Everything should be back to normal in the next few days!
>

> BiocManager::install(c("sangerseqR"))
Bioconductor version 3.20 (BiocManager 1.30.23), R 4.4.1 (2024-06-14)
Installing package(s) 'sangerseqR'
trying URL '
https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.20/bioc/src/contrib/sangerseqR_1.41.0.tar.gz
'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 2903474 bytes (2.8 MB)
downloaded 2.8 MB

* installing *source* package ‘sangerseqR’ ...
** using staged installation
** R
** inst
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** installing vignettes
** testing if installed package can be loaded from temporary location
** testing if installed package can be loaded from final location
** testing if installed package keeps a record of temporary installation
path
* DONE (sangerseqR)

It should be good now!